From January 2020 I will be offering 1 free mentoring place to a writer who could not otherwise afford tutorial or editorial support with their writing. If, in all honestly, you know that you could afford to pay for these services please do not apply for this opportunity. (Prices for mentoring are variable as it is a tailored service, but as a rough guide I would expect 6 months of mentoring to cost between £600 and £1000). I am currently also taking on new paid mentoring clients and you can contact me for more details.
I am a published author with a BA (Hons) in Creative Writing. I am also a qualified teacher, specialising in working with adults, and the current Chairwoman of the Romantic Novelists’ Association. I run writing retreats and courses, and have previously taught for the University of Worcester and run events for literary festivals and the Romantic Novelists’ Association. Past students and clients have gone on to publication with major publishing houses, agent representation and successful self-publishing.
- Applicants must be working on a novel – either at the first draft, editing or submission stage – with a view to publication.
- Applicants must be working on a novel in the English language. (Just because my other languages are sub secondary school level and I can’t advise you on what I can’t read!)
- Applicants must be willing to engage in a 6 month mentor/mentee relationship from January 2020.
- Writers in any genre may apply. However my expertise is greatest in commercial fiction, particularly up-lit, romantic fiction, book club fiction, comedy and crime.
- The closing date for applications is 31st October 2019.
- Applications should be made on the form below.
If you have any questions about the process or how mentoring works please contact me before submitting your application.
Successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified by 30th November 2019. I might wish to contact applicants prior to this to discuss their application in more detail.
If you are unsuccessful please do not take that to imply that I don’t think your writing or your application has merit. My decision will be influenced largely by finding the writer who I think I can assist and support most effectively within the six month period.